Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Magic


Since we moved into our new house this past March, we haven't had all that many visitors.  But almost everyone who's come here has made a similar comment when they walked in the kitchen.

"So this is where the magic happens."

Magic?

Really??

Let's set the record straight.  What happens in my kitchen is typically far from magical.

Unless you consider magic to be me singing to myself and occasionally dancing.

And my husband hovering & pestering me in a way that only he can.

And me breaking glasses, and chipping dishes, and clattering pots & pans because I'm a giant klutz.

And the bird flying in to see what all the ruckus is about.


And me nearly mortally wounding myself on a daily basis with sharp knives and mandoline slicers that I probably shouldn't even be allowed to use.

And me dropping an entire marinade mixture of oil & vinegar down a heating vent in the floor.  (If my landlords are reading this - don't worry, that was in our old house!)

And... me making soft whole wheat pretzels that look really pretty but kinda taste like salty sandpaper.


Nope. Definitely no 'magic' happening there.

4 comments:

  1. Lol....great post. ;) Mmmm....I think it needs the title kitchen adventuring instead of kitchen magic.....exciting...sometimes dangerous....but bound to be a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed a beautiful failure! And the post is a success- it made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The picture of CJ is priceless. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post. We have a lovebird who loves to visit and be part of the fun. New follower from The Kitchenarians site.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!

If you have a question or problem you can also feel free to email me at vittlesandbits@gmail.com. Thanks for visiting :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...