Friday, September 30, 2011

Buffalo Chicken Meatloaf


For all the things that I cook and bake, sadly there are very few dishes that get much of a rise out of Mr. Vittles.

For someone like me... this is kind of a nightmare.

I like feedback!

But if I had a dollar for every time I heard "It's pretty good" from my husband, I'd have a full little piggy bank.

(Luckily, he has other good qualities.)

Nonetheless, every now & again I stumble upon something that gets a reaction.

Pepperjack Bacon Mac & CheeseCoconut Kona Ice CreamRicotta Cookies.

And now... Buffalo Chicken Meatloaf.

I asked him if it would be better with the addition of blue cheese crumbles but he said it was already pretty "solid."  However, I will throw that suggestion out there in case you are so inclined.  You could also serve it with a side of blue cheese dressing.

Buffalo Chicken Meatloaf

  • 1 lb ground chicken
  • 3 T. ranch dressing
  • 3 T. Frank's Red Hot (or the hot sauce of your choice)
  • 2 T. milk
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 C. plain bread crumbs
  • 1 t. garlic powder
  • 1/2 t. onion powder
  • 1/4 t. celery seed
  • dash cayenne pepper
  • 1/8 t. salt
  • freshly ground pepper, to taste

Glaze
  • 2 T. Frank's Red Hot
  • 2 T. ketchup
  • 1 T. honey

Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and spray a shallow Pyrex dish or pie plate with nonstick spray and set aside.  (You can also make this in a loaf pan, surprisingly little fat comes out of it).

In a medium bowl, whisk together ranch dressing, hot sauce, garlic & onion powder, celery seed, salt, pepper, cayenne, milk & egg.  Add bread crumbs & stir.  Add ground chicken and mix thoroughly with your hands until combined.

Form into a loaf and place into prepared dish.  Cook 45 minutes.

Meanwhile, combine remaining 2 T. hot sauce with ketchup and honey.  Brush glaze over meatloaf, and return to oven for another 15 minutes.  Let sit 10 minutes before slicing and serving.  Serves 2-4.

Recipe Adapted from About.com

6 comments:

  1. Oh I can totally see this as something my husband getting behind too! He'd love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! I know EXACTLY what you mean. Handsome never says anything - the closest I got to a great review was when he asked me to make something I had tried last November again! Maybe this magic meatloaf is the key to unlocking their foodie response gene!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh WOW. I just saw this on your Pinterest! It is like you have a direct line to my husbands stomach. I can not wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to say I found this on Pinterest and have made it several times. We love it. I am trying it right now for the first time as a freezer meal that we made for post partem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, I'm so glad you are enjoying it! Good luck with the baby, congratulations :)

      Delete

I love reading your comments!

If you have a question or problem you can also feel free to email me at vittlesandbits@gmail.com. Thanks for visiting :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...